Looking out for Carbon Monoxide within the home

WLFI File Photo
WLFI File Photo

LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) – The Lafayette Fire Department is reminding homeowners to pay attention to their carbon monoxide detectors.

Fire officials said in the past year they have responded to 12 cases of carbon monoxide being detected within a home.

Officials said these cases occur throughout the year.

Homeowners should check their carbon monoxide detectors regularly because they have a shorter life span than most smoke detectors.

Fire officials said the best areas to place them are outside of bedrooms and near alternative heating units.

WLFI.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language, off topic, or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s