Looking out for Carbon Monoxide within the home

WLFI File Photo
WLFI File Photo

LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) – The Lafayette Fire Department is reminding homeowners to pay attention to their carbon monoxide detectors.

Fire officials said in the past year they have responded to 12 cases of carbon monoxide being detected within a home.

Officials said these cases occur throughout the year.

Homeowners should check their carbon monoxide detectors regularly because they have a shorter life span than most smoke detectors.

Fire officials said the best areas to place them are outside of bedrooms and near alternative heating units.

WLFI.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus