INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – Former Indianapolis police officer David Bisard is expected to plead guilty in his second drunk driving arrest on Wednesday.
A hearing is set for 9:30 a.m. Officers arrested Bisard in April of last year when police say he crashed a pick-up truck.
Wednesday’s plea comes just a few months after Bisard said he would appeal his conviction in the deadly crash back in 2010 that killed one man and seriously hurt two others. A judge sentenced him to 13 years in prison.
Prosecutors are hoping a judge will add another year on top of that sentence.
Below is a timeline of events in the cases against David Bisard:
- Bisard’s first arrest was in August of 2010 following the deadly crash.
- A few days later, drunk driving charges were dropped because prosecutors said blood taken from Bisard after the crash was not usable in court.
- In January of 2011, new Marion County Prosecutor Terry Curry re-filed the drunk driving charges.
- In April of 2013, police arrested Bisard for allegedly drunk driving in a separate case in Lawrence.
- In November of 2013, a jury convicted Bisard for that first arrest, and deadly crash.
- Wednesday, Bisard is expected to plead guilty in his second arrest.