Happy Hollow Road reconstruction plan approved

FILE - Photo from March 22, 2014, shows Happy Hollow Road in West Lafayette. (WLFI Photo)
FILE - Photo from March 22, 2014, shows Happy Hollow Road in West Lafayette. (WLFI Photo)

WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) – A West Lafayette project five years in the making has been approved. The city’s board of works approved the Happy Hollow Road reconstruction plan Tuesday morning.

City engineer Dave Buck said the road will be completely redone with new utility lines, curbs and gutters. Plans also call for a pedestrian trail along most of the road.

The project will cost between $5.5 to $6 million, with 80 percent being federally funded. The other 20 percent will come out of the Levee-Village TIF district.

Buck told News 18 that when heavy work begins later this year, traffic will be restricted.

“We’re looking to close it and be one direction only,” said Buck. “We would be southbound for traffic kind of from that point in construction on through the completion of the project.”

Buck said traffic could be restricted for about nine months.

Bids for the project will be opened in July.

WLFI.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus