LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) – A spark is to blame for a Lafayette warehouse engulfing in flames.
LPD dispatchers said a passerby made the call at 10:53 a.m. of a fire in Lafayette at the 3600 block of 36th Street, near the South Street intersection. Within minutes, firefighters were on scene at old United Rental building Firefighters were able to extinguish the flames quickly.
Firefighters said workers inside the building were working on a semi when a spark near the front of the truck ignited the building. Workers were able to escape the fire unharmed. No other injuries were reported. Firefighters said they are unsure the extent of the damage at this time.
North 36th Street near South Street was closed roughly two hours.