Dirty chimney causes house fire in Americus

A dirty chimney is the cause of a house fire in Americus.
A dirty chimney is the cause of a house fire in Americus.

AMERICUS, Ind. (WLFI) – Firefighters said a dirty chimney is the cause of a house fire in Americus, Ind.

The fire happened around 8 p.m. Sunday at 8233 Timber Lane. Firefighters said they arrived and found flames shooting through the roof.

Buck Creek Fire Chief Michael Welborn said the fire appears to have started around the chimney.

“You know, everybody has burnt a lot this winter,” said Welborn. “They really need to make sure they’re cleaned out, clean those flues out, especially after this winter. It’s been very cold, people burned a lot more and they probably should have been cleaned a couple of times throughout the winter time.”

Welborn said no one was injured in the fire. The Buck Creek Fire Department was assisted by the Battleground and Delphi Fire Departments.

WLFI.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language, off topic, or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s