TIPPECANOE CO., Ind. (WLFI) – Nine more people have been added to list of potential witnesses in the upcoming Cody Cousins trial.
Court documents filed Monday in Tippecanoe County listed nine more witnesses, which now lists over 100 people.
Prosecutors filed discovery papers in February, listing 126 potential witnesses, including Purdue students and police.
In March, the attorney for Cousins listed Ernest Cousins and Wendy Melancon, the parents of Cousins, as potential witnesses.
Also in the new documents, the state may offer the following as exhibits:
- Writing assignments tendered by Cousins as class work
- Emails written by Cousins
- Forensic images of electronic media previously identified
Cousins is charged for the murder of Andrew Boldt on Purdue’s campus in January. His trial is currently set to begin on Oct. 6.
Related Court Document Links:
- Court documents show Nine more Witnesses Added to List
- Prosecutors released the Defendant’s Witness and Exhibit List
- Prosecutors filed Discovery Papers listing 126 possible witnesses