WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) – The cause of a fire that killed a Purdue student and his dog last fall is ruled an accident, though the cause cannot be determined.
It happened back in November at a home on Lutz Street. As News 18 reported in February, investigators believe the fire that killed Scott Notary, 23, started in the kitchen area. Officials said several appliances were used prior to the fire.
Fire Chief Tim Heath said because of the damage the cause cannot be determined, but investigators said the fire was accidental. City officials are still looking into a possible code violation of over-occupancy in the house.