GREATER LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) – The Community Foundation of Greater Lafayette awarded five grants Tuesday at a ceremony in Lafayette.
The Grant Awards Ceremony was held Tuesday at Elmhurst Community Building where the Community Foundation awarded $122,960 in Tier 1 Discretionary Grants to five charitable organizations.
Foundation officials said the grants awarded this cycle highlight projects that address children, physical environment, health and the arts. In 2013, non-for-profit organizations and individuals received grants and scholarships totaling $994,538.
This cycle’s 2014 grant recipients are
- Home with Hope - $42,800 to replace HVAC system at Home with Hope apartments.
- Tippecanoe Arts Federation - $35,000 to develop and enhance south yard of building for outdoor meeting and program space.
- West Lafayette Parks and Recreation Foundation - $24,160 to install a public dining court at Sagamore West Farmers Market.
- YWCA – $16,042 to purchase bleachers, storage shed and portable basketball goals.
- Right Steps Child Development Centers – $4,958 to purchase eight desktop computers
The Community Foundation of Greater Lafayette, which was established in 1970, serves the Tippecanoe County area. The Foundation said its mission is to inspire, nurture, and practice philanthropy, stewardship, and leadership in the communities served.