INDIANAPOLIS (WLFI) – Seven Indiana schools received federal school improvement grants Thursday. The total amount awarded to the schools is over $8 million over the next three years
The grant money is awarded to schools that demonstrate a great need, as well as a commitment to use the money to raise achievement levels in low performing schools.
State officials say the grants are fully funded by the federal government.
The recipients are:
- Stonybrook Middle School, MSD Warren Township: $1,850,000.00
- Fairview Elementary, Monroe County: $619,258.69
- Highland Park Elementary, Monroe County: $847,122.95
- Lake Ridge Middle School, Lake Ridge School Corporation: $738,388.07
- Chamberlain Elementary, Goshen: $1,750,000.00
- Sarah Scott Middle School, Vigo County: $948,829.85
- McCulloch Middle School, Marion: $1,750,000.00