FRANKFORT, Ind. (WLFI) – The Frankfort High School teacher and head basketball coach charged with child seduction is no longer employed by the district.
The Community Schools of Frankfort School Board accepted the resignation of Tom Weeks Tuesday evening.
Weeks was arrested last month, accused of inappropriate behavior with a female student.
“I’m glad that we’re able to put this behind us and move forward on our kids and our education here in Frankfort,” said Board President Carol Bartley.
You may remember, Weeks’ wife told News 18 she found Twitter messages between Weeks and her son’s 16-year-old ex-girlfriend, but now doesn’t believe the girl’s accusations.
It’s the third time in the last year that a Frankfort teacher or administrator has been accused of misconduct with a child.
When asked how the district can move forward, Bartley said, “You just keep going. You get up the next day and you focus on the kids.”
Also Tuesday evening, the board directed Superintendent Don DeWeese to contact two referendum specialists to help guide the district as it looks to pass a referendum next year for major renovations at the high school. The board had heard four presentations from specialists in late 2012 and asked DeWeese to ask two to come back for a second interview, Steve Klink and the Winston/Terrell Group.
Bartley said a specialist is important for all the detailed legal steps needed to follow state law for a referendum.
The board also approved a $10,000 contract with a construction manager to help advise the board as the architect draws up various renovation proposals.
DeWeese declined to be interviewed by News 18 Tuesday evening.