CRAWFORDSVILLE, Ind. (WLFI) — Get some “tasty” treats while benefiting a piece of history in Montgomery County.
Tickets are now on sale for the annual Taste of Montgomery County, which benefits the Lew Wallace Study Preservation Society who cares for the general’s museum. The fundraiser helps the organization maintain General Lew Wallace’s original artifacts and keep his legacy alive through educational programs.
Advance tickets are $4 for adults and $2 for students, $1 cheaper than at the gate. The event will be held at the General Lew Wallace Study & Museum on Saturday, Aug. 23 from noon to 10 p.m.
Tickets can be purchased in advance at the following Crawfordsville locations:
- Carriage House Interpretive Center of the Gen. Lew Wallace Study & Museum – 200 Wallace Ave.
- The Montgomery County Visitors and Convention Bureau – Corner of Pike and Green streets
- Milligan’s Flowers and Gifts – 115 E. Main St.
Live music is also scheduled for the Taste. Here is the lineup for this year’s event:
- 1-2 p.m. – Kenn Clark
- 3-5 p.m. – Him & Her
- 7-9 p.m. – Jennie DeVoe
But seeing as it is the “Taste,” the event would not be complete without its restaurants and caterers taking part. The Taste of Montgomery County, which is in its eighth year, will have the following food vendors:
- Iron Gate II
- China Inn
- The Juniper Spoon
- Norvell’s BBQ & Catering
- The Joshua Cup
- Hawg Wild BBQ
- The Darlington General Store
- Brothers Pizza and Brothers College St. Deli
- Coal Creek Cellars Winery
- 1832 Brew Espresso Bar
- The Big Dipper
- The Barefoot Burger
- The Bowery Coffee Company
- Daredevil Brewing Company