JOHNSON COUNTY (WISH) – Five people were arrested by Indiana Conservation Officers for public indecency at the Driftwood Public Fishing Area on Highway 31 near Edinburgh.
After public complaints officers enhanced their patrols on several DNR State properties over the summer. Officers wore plain-clothes and arrested suspects who police say exposed themselves or fondled the plain-clothes officers.
On Tuesday officers arrested the five people at Driftwood F&W Area. Below is a list of the suspects and their charges.
- Martin D. Dobbs, 62-years-old, Edinburgh, public indecency, public nudity, battery
- Ronnie W. Jones, 64-years-old, Franklin, public indecency, public nudity, battery
- John I. Kimbler, 64-years-old, Indianapolis, public indecency
- Matthew L. Nichols, 42-years-old, Greenwood, public indecency
- Barry J. Hearin, Franklin, 63-years-old, Franklin, public indecency
The subjects are also not allowed back on DNR properties for one year.
Anyone who sees criminal activity on DNR properties is urged to call Indiana Conservation Officers’ Central Dispatch at 812-837-9536.