Konrath’s attempts to contact his ex include hiring PI

Gregory Konrath (Photo Provided/Miami County Sheriff's Office)
Gregory Konrath (Photo Provided/Miami County Sheriff's Office)

MIAMI COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Court documents reveal the ways in which a former Lafayette surgeon accused of plotting to kill his ex-wife allegedly tried to contact his ex-girlfriend when he was not allowed by the court to contact her.

A private investigator also tells News 18 Konrath tried contacting him.

Gregory Konrath, 48, was being held on an attempted murder charge, but he bonded out of jail Monday, Aug. 4. Since then, prosecutors said he tried to contact his ex-girlfriend three separate times.

They said Konrath sent her an email asking, “Don’t you want to see me?” Then, she received a text from Konrath’s daughter asking her to dinner.

The third attempt was from an associate of Konrath to get her address. Konrath told the associate to act as a representative from a financial lending institution and tell the ex-girlfriend she had a refund check coming.

Private Investigator Dale Seward told News 18 that Konrath contacted him on Saturday. He set up an appointment to meet with Konrath Tuesday but Konrath never showed up. Seward said Konrath later called and said he would send Seward the information.

The investigator received a letter with the name G. Konrath, of Peru, on the return address.

“The letter indicated who he wanted me to find and different relatives of that person, even a phone number for the person,” Seward said. “On the check, it had his name and that same address with a Wells Fargo bank check in it.”

Seward said he met with a detective from the Miami County Sheriff’s Office Thursday evening and handed over any evidence he had.

“Someone’s safety is at stake with something like this,” said Seward.

As News 18 has reported, Konrath’s ex-girlfriend provided police recordings of him allegedly planning to kill his ex-wife and she is the state’s witness in the case.

In addition to the attempted murder charge, Konrath now faces two counts of invasion of privacy and one count of attempted invasion of privacy. As of Thursday night, he was being held in the Miami County jail with no bond.

WLFI.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language, off topic, or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s