FRANKFORT, Ind. (WLFI) — Two miles of roadways are scheduled for resurfacing within Frankfort beginning Tuesday, Sept. 2.
Seven different streets within Frankfort will receive resurfacing work at a cost of $200,000. According to Street Superintendent George Belmore, in one day crews plan on removing the top layer of old asphalt where applicable.
“On the second day, crews will begin putting down the new asphalt,” Belmore told News 18 in a release. “As long as the weather cooperates, we plan to finish up the work by Friday, Sept. 5. We are asking for residents’ assistance in making sure vehicles are off of the affected streets until the work is completed.”
Crews will place temporary no parking signs along the curb 24 hours before the work is scheduled to begin. Belmore said Labor Day will be the first day those signs will be posted with work scheduled to begin the following day.
“Our goal is to start and complete this needed work as quickly as possible to cause the least amount of disruption in street parking while accomplishing these important infrastructure improvements,” Belmore continued in the news release.
Frankfort streets included in this year’s resurfacing project are as follows:
- West Boone – From Fifth Street to Main Street
- Park Street – From First Street to Second Street
- Fairgrounds Street – From Jackson Street to Alhambra Avenue
- Melody Lane – From Wilshire Drive to Haven Avenue
- Haven Avenue – From Maish Road to the east end
- Wilshire Drive – From Maish Road to Haven Avenue
- Young Street and Vermont Street – The curved area only
After construction begins, if you would like to check the city’s status — click here.