(WISH) – Don Pablo’s and its parent company, Rita’s Restaurant Corporation, filed for bankruptcy protection. Last week, Don Pablo’s closed all of its Indianapolis locations.
Don Pablo’s is blaming competition from Chipotle, Moe’s Southwest Grill and Tijuana Flats, as well as other Mexican-style menu offerings at Applebee’s, Chili’s, and TGI Friday’s.
The locations in Indianapolis that closed include:
- Greenwood Point, 8150 US-31, Indianapolis, IN 46240
- 7600 Old Trails Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46219
- Clearwater Crossings Shopping Center, 3824 E 82nd St, Indianapolis, IN 46240
- 14758 Greyhound Plaza, Carmel, IN 46032
According to the chain’s website, the only Don Pablo’s restaurant left in Indiana is in Lafayette. It’s located at 50 North Creasey Lane.
Don Pablo’s opened in 1985 in Lubbock, Texas. It once had 120 restaurants at one time in the 1990s.
According to it’s website, there are only 12 locations in nine states. Those include:
- Delaware (one location)
- Indiana (one location)
- Maryland (one location)
- Michigan (one location)
- Minnesota (one location)
- New Jersey (two locations)
- Ohio (one location)
- Texas (three locations)
- Virginia (one location)
CNN contributed to this report.