Crawfordsville fire ruled accidental

WLFI File Photo
WLFI File Photo

CRAWFORDSVILLE, Ind. (WLFI) — A weekend fire in Crawfordsville that hospitalized a 40-year-old woman was ruled accidental.

The Indiana State Fire Marshal’s Office reports it has completed its investigation into a fire at a home at 511 Whitlock Ave. that happened Saturday around 7 p.m.

Officials said the fire started in a couch in the front room, and it’s been ruled accidental.

When the Crawfordsville Fire Department arrived, firefighters entered the home to rescue Rebecca Coonse. At last check, she was listed in critical condition at an Indianapolis hospital.